It has been almost a year since the paradigm change has brough us the new Pentaho CE in these steps:
- Version 5.2: October 6th, 2014
- Version 5.1: June 24th, 2014
- Version 5.0.1: November 19th, 2013
- Version 5.0: I: dont remember if there were a built for this on CE edition
Now is a good time to start moving your content to 5.1 at least. Its going to be a lot of work but its the way its going to be so go ahead. This are my recommendations and published posts so far:
- Install The Pentaho 5.x Suite
Download the zip/tar files and deploy as you used to.
- Notes on 5.x Migration
You can publish your ETL and reports from 4.8 if you import them to the new desktop tools, but your Dashboards and .xactions will need to be constructed again.
- Pentaho Released Version 5.2 CE
Pentaho Migration 5.1 to 5.2
If you have your System on 5.1, this are the links to the new version and quick steps to build a test system for 5.2
- Customize The Pentaho 5.x Look
This are paths to change main .jpg, .css, .html and localization files
Don’t forget to install Saiku (Pivot4J is/was nice also, lets see how they go with the rewrite), from the plugins. It’s a great tool and replaces the abandoned jpivot.