These articles are about the Pentaho BI from versions 3.8 to 4.8.
For the time being (Nov 2013) these are the ones I recommend using because version 5.0 implements a ‘database repository (Jackrabbit)’ and it really messes datasource and program updates with import/output steps that are not clear yet (you can check the Pentaho forums).
And it’s released tools (PDI, PME, PRD) are not backward compatible.
Don’t let the beautifull blue design lure you into migration, its not time yet.
These are notes about Pentaho BI community edition (CE) Suite. Each page contains instructions, reference links and tips to start using these great open source projects.
- Install the Pentaho BI Server
- Modify databases to MySQL. Add your Database too.
- Set Up New Add-Ins Like Saiku
- Add your Users
- Prepare your ‘Production’ Server
- Install PDI/Kettle and Agile PDI in a Development Environment
- Install Pentaho Design Studio
- Install Mondrian Schema Editor
- Install Pentaho Metadata Editor
- Install Report Designer
- Install the Dashboard Editor
- Install Pentaho/Mondrian Aggregation Designer
- Additional tools
- Install Weka
These are upgrade instructions:
On each post links were offered to study simple and advanced cases for each tool. Two step by step examples are offered for interagtion beetween applications:
- Bubble Report
Used: BI Server, SQL Query, Report Designer with a Bubble Graph. Parameter interfacing.
- Bullet Graph Dashboard
Used: BI Server, PDI Datasource (ETL), MDX & SQL DataSources. CDE Dashboard creation. Bullet Graph -Stephen Few- Widget. CSS modification. Variable value interfacing.