The newest release Pentaho 220.127.116.11.12 in its community edition is available for download at sourceforge (link) since the 22th of may of 2017.
Pedro Alvez announced its availability the same day with an excellent post in his blog (link). He mentions new visualizations, scalability with big data engines and repository improvements -someday they’ll deliver something you can work confortable with, maybe-, and a new web theme. We’ll see how they are supported in the CE edition. A new mobile access for the EE. The PDI team is exited about its ‘metadata injection’ improvements.
You’ll find it at Sourceforge.net:
- Web application: Business Intelligence Server [1.1 GB] with 58 closed reports.
- The best ETL aplication: PDI [904 MB] with 142 closed reports.
- Report Designer [606 MB] with 19 closed reports in their JIRA system.
- Pentaho Metadata [787 MB] with 5 closed reports.
- And Big Data Shims folder.
Steps for backup, install, upgrade to a MySQL local DB are the same that you are already familiar with and has been previously posted in this blog (link) and well documented at the Pentaho Wiki.