Just in July Pentaho 8.3 was announced. Now on January we got 9.0 with big data improvements, installation and step improvements. These are the links available in sourceforge. And as always we can see the relevant changes in Pedro Alves blog (here)
- Web Server 1.9GB: https://sourceforge.net/projects/pentaho/files/Pentaho%209.0/server/pentaho-server-ce-18.104.22.168-423.zip/download
- ETL (PDI) 1.6GB: https://sourceforge.net/projects/pentaho/files/Pentaho%209.0/client-tools/pdi-ce-22.214.171.124-423.zip/download
- Reporter (PRD) 1.4GB: https://sourceforge.net/projects/pentaho/files/Pentaho%209.0/client-tools/prd-ce-126.96.36.199-423.zip/download
There is also the metadata, mondrian schema and aggregation editors in the files section.
Edit July 2020:
After updating to Ubuntu 20.04 LTS, an error in ‘libwebkitgtk-1.0-0’ stops PDI from starting.
In my case this post in Ask Ubuntu (How do I install libwebkitgtk-1.0-0 on Ubuntu 19.04) solved my problem:
1. Browse to https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/webkitgtk
2. There is a long list of files, I selected:
3. Install in a terminal (Last one is for dependencies):
$ sudo dpkg -i libwebkitgtk-1.0-0_2.4.11-3ubuntu3_amd64.deb
$ sudo apt install -f
Edit May 2021:
It is getting harder to install old software. As more dependencies cannot be found in Ubuntu 20.10.
The PDI will start but without the tabbed panel (Welcome page, etc.).
If you want the full experience, modify:
$ sudo vi /etc/apt/sources.list
deb http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic-security main
$ sudo apt update
It worked after retries and manual installs. Your system will may vary.
Try to download and install some of these of this:
1. sudo dpkg -i libicu60_60.2-3ubuntu3.1_amd64.deb
3. sudo apt install libenchant1c2a
4. sudo apt install libwebkitgtk-1.0-0